With things like the gig economy becoming popular, the proliferation of freelance marketplaces, and the deluge of startup capital, starting a business is the new black.
If you decide to take the leap and build your brand, it’s essential to do it right from the beginning. That means forming an LLC or a corporation.
The good news is that just as the startup scene is exploding, there are many LLC services to form your business correctly.
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our comparisons and recommendations. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
Each one brings something different to the table, and in this guide, we’ll look at the best LLC services available right now.
Best LLC Services in 2021
1. ZenBusiness - Easiest to Use and Inexpensive
The company was founded in 2018, making it relatively new compared to other companies that have amassed many years of business formation service experience. It has done a considerable number of business formations within the last few years and honed its skills.
ZenBusiness wins because it’s simple to use and saves a significant amount of money for cash-strapped businesses.
The company is one of the cheapest LLC services around; its pricing starts at $39 - it saves clients a ton of money compared to other popular LLC companies. Read the full review here
- The plans are cost-effective for small businesses
- The online application process is easy and fast
- Registration of domain name is provided
- Business operation services
- Provides a free operating agreement
- A worry-free guarantee
- Registered agent services
- Availability of many additional services
- Excellent for startups
- There's no company seal option
ZenBusiness provides its clients with three offers for incorporating online.
- The starter package offers the services of a registered agent - it also provides an operating agreement template to assist clients' with the description of the ownership structure, etc. The company charges $49 per year for this plan.
- The pro plan of ZenBusiness offers customers banking resolution, and it also helps them get a federal ID number (EID) from the IRS of the company, etc. It charges $199 per year for the package.
- The premium package from the website also has a lot of unique perks at an increased price. The company charges $299 per year.
2. Firstbase.io - Best for Non-US Founders
Firstbase.io was founded in 2018. The company is notable for helping startup businesses worldwide incorporate in the United States and gain access to the best startup ecosystem. It doesn’t matter if you’re in India or Nigeria. You can open a company, get an EIN, and use business banking services from the comfort of your home.
The company's focus is on empowering entrepreneurs to get the most of their goals by offering them a business structure that the most advanced/innovative companies have used. The tool to accomplish that is straightforward, and you get tons of perks in the process.
It’s very much geared towards online entrepreneurs. The company has thousands of clients from over one hundred and twenty countries. Read the full review here.
- Access to the most potent startup ecosystem globally
- US business bank account
- A safe dashboard
- Offers a full year of registered agent costs
- Offers legal guidance
- A free tax consultation
- Expert support for a lifetime
- US address set up
- US EIN
- Tens of thousands in credits for numerous services
- The company doesn't provide human interaction; the messages are automated.
- The company charges $399 as a one-time fee. This pricing includes the filing fees and also the additional features.
Swyft Filings is another reputable LLC service formation company that provides services for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
The company was founded in 2012, and it has helped thousands of companies since its inception. It has many reviews online, and the majority of the feedback is positive. The basic formation package is affordable and has a single-day turn-around time.
Other features include a free domain name, compliance alerts, agreement templates and free tax consultation. Swyft Filings gives a 60-day money-back guarantee and provides excellent customer support.
Among all the options, it’s among the fastest options when it comes to incorporating.
- Affordable one-day business formation
- Sixty days money-back guarantee
- Flexibility in the management structure
- Excellent customer service and reviews
- Thirty minutes tax consultation for free
- Provides business name search for free
- Fast turn-around time
- Helps clients get state and federal licenses
- Clients can form a wide range of business entities like LLC, Nonprofit, S Corp, and C corporation.
- There's a lack of additional valuable features in the higher formation package.
- It doesn't include a registered agent in any of its packages - it's included in the add-ons.
- Basic package: the company charges $49 for its basic package. Some of the features include preparing articles of organization, company name availability search, etc.
- Swyft Filings standard: this package includes services such as LLC operating agreement that's customizable, banking resolutions, etc. The company charges $149 for this plan.
- Swyft Filings premium: the package offers a free business website, delivery of state documents electronically, etc. The plan is $299 plus state taxes.
For anyone who wants to form a corporation, Incfile is one of the best online agents. A free year of a registered agent's services and other features like custom documents and business contract templates are included in its business formation packages.
Also, there are thousands of positive reviews dropped by clients on their site. Another tremendous benefit that Incfile provides for its customers is its yearly renewal fee, one of the cheapest.
The company provides its clients with three packages for business formation services, and the silver package is free for the clients; the clients only need to pay the state filing fees. It offers phone and email support, business name availability search, etc. The other paid packages are discussed in the pricing below.
- Easy placement of orders
- Publication service
- 'worry-free' compliance
- it has numerous additional services
- Federal tax ID number
- A lifetime of company alerts
- Preparation and filing of documents
- Free year of business formation service
- Cheap renewal fees
- Quick turn-around of order
- It takes a lot of effort to get in touch with customer support.
- A substantial number of third-party offers and upsells.
- The gold tier: the package provides an operating agreement, minutes of meeting preparation, etc. The company charges $149 for the plan.
- The Platinum tier: this plan includes a domain name and a business website. Incfile charges $299 for the package.
5. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent has been in service for over 20 years - this speaks volumes to its quality and experience. The company provides excellent customer service to its clients.
Although its services are a bit more expensive than others, it's worth the price - judging from the excellent reviews dropped by clients on the site.
Northwest Registered Agent only has a single package for incorporating companies. Unlike its competitors, this allows it to focus and provide maximum benefits for its clients. It’s only concerned with providing the customers with their core needs and filtering out things that aren't necessary.
Also, Northwest Registered Agent helps protect its customers' privacy by using its business address on clients' public documents. You can read the full review here.
- Inclusion of operating agreement.
- Annual filing of reports
- Filing of business formation the same day
- Business formation service that's free from issues
- Customer support from a local expert for a lifetime
- A year of free registered agent service
- Excellent customer service
- Provides mail forwarding services
- More expensive than many of the other services
- $225 plus state fee for the first year - paying this fee provides the clients with the benefits such as incorporating and getting a full year of its registered agent service. Clients pay $125 per year after the first year, and they'll continue to serve as the registered agent.
The formation services cover corporation or LLC formation, and this is done with little stress. BetterLegal can meet most or even all of your general and legal requirements when it comes to establishing an LLC.
The company's website is simple to navigate through, and it contains essential services that help its clients comply with the state's requirements and set up a business.
- Registered agent services.
- Fast turn-around time
- Excellent customer service and reviews.
- LLC formation
- Inexpensive pricing
- There are no refunds.
- There are minimal customer support channels.
- Incorporation cost plus state filing fee: $299
7. Inc Authority
In addition to the paid packages of the company, it also provides a free LLC formation service. And It's undoubtedly one of the best LLC formation services.
The company provides a free standard LLC formation package with several features for entrepreneurs. The company's LLC service is relatively quick, and the checkout process is also easy. You can read the full review here.
- Support from INC CARE
- Consultation for tax planning
- A registered agent
- Offers business name check
- Simple sign-up process
- Registration for a basic company is free.
- Customizable plans
- Minimal information on its website
- No refunds
- The starter plan: this package includes an LLC operating agreement, an Inc protection advisor for a year, a federal tax ID number (EIN), etc. It charges $399 plus the state fee for the package.
- Executive plan: the executive plan adds a website domain and a business license report to the starter plan. It charges $499 plus the state fee.
- Tycoon bundle: this package includes express processing and also a Biz credit express along with the executive plan for $799 plus state fee.
Corp Net was founded in 2000, and for the past 21 years, it has formed over 100,000 businesses. The company is one of the most reputable LLC formation service companies around.
The co-founder of the company, Nellie Akalp, is an advocate for small businesses, and she has helped a considerable number of entrepreneurs.
The Corp Net services are best for entrepreneurs and small businesses and are fast, efficient, affordable, and reliable when compared to many others. Also, the company has gathered quite a lot of positive reviews over the years.
Corp Net has partnered with business professionals like CPAs, attorneys, and others who help it form an LLC for its clients.
- Provides a safe self-service
- Expert business filings
- Provides personalized customer service
- Corporate compliance tool that's free
- All LLC forms are securely stored and are accessible on mobile devices
- There are cheaper LLC formation companies
- Basic plan: with this package, CorpNet helps clients file paperwork with the state for $79.
- Deluxe Plan: the plan includes filing an LLC paperwork with the state within two days and customizing and obtaining an EIN for its clients. It costs $199 to get the plan
- Complete plan: this package provides all the company's core services. It charges $299 for the package.
9. Rocket lawyer
It provides its clients with an option to chat with a lawyer by texting online - this saves people time and stress.
For people who need ongoing legal services, Rocket lawyer is the best fit for them - this is because it provides access to legal documents, support from experienced lawyers, etc.
However, Rocket Lawyer is not suitable for people who only need the services of a registered agent. Its services are available for small businesses and individuals at an affordable fixed price. Since its establishment in 2008, it has been of benefit to over 20 million businesses and consumers.
- Availability of excellent customer service through all the channels
- A seven-day free trial
- Patents and trademark filing
- Your questions get answered by an LLC specialist.
- Provides legal help for clients after starting up a business
- An online education center
- Lawyers are available on-call to answer your inquiries
- There's no inclusion of registered agents in the membership.
- Packages come in monthly
- The company charges its members $39.99 per month for its premium member plan.
- The company charges non-members $99.99 to form an LLC, non-profit, or corporation. While it provides the incorporation filing for free for new members - it charges 25% off after that
- It charges non-members $149.99 for registered agent service. At the same time, there is a 25% off registered agent service for members.
The article gives a detailed insight into the best LLC formation companies around. However, you have to critically look at the article to select the best LLC company for your needs.
We'll recommend Northwest Registered Agents because of its excellent customer support that's nearly unmatched by competitors and also because it helps clients protect the privacy of their companies.